The Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence (MCEDV) seeks a full-time Housing Services Coordinator.
A new position at MCEDV, the Housing Services Coordinator ensures the development and effective implementation of MCEDV’s programming related to shelter, transitional, and permanent housing access for individuals and families affected by abuse and violence. The Coordinator, in partnership with MCEDV staff, will develop and implement strategies to close gaps and improve overall policy and system responses to those who are at risk or experiencing homelessness due to domestic abuse. Community partner engagement and collaboration are key aspects of this position.
The successful applicant for Housing Services Coordinator will:
- Be knowledgeable about sheltering survivors of domestic violence and assisting those survivors to access transitional and/or permanent housing;
- Be familiar with housing rental assistance resources in Maine;
- Be knowledgeable about the Violence Against Women Act;
- Demonstrate experience in social justice policy advocacy and/or systems change work;
- Understand and be committed to issues of diversity and demonstrate the ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Research, analyze, and present information effectively;
- Listen and respond effectively to membership concerns and needs;
- Demonstrate ability to engage, inform, and support committees in accomplishing shared social change and advocacy goals;
- Communicate verbally in a clear and persuasive manner; and
- Possess excellent writing skills.
Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field; expertise in the use of spreadsheet and database programs; and at least 5 years’ experience and demonstrated competence in the areas covered by the job description. Comprehensive understanding of domestic abuse and violence through advocacy or personal experience and completion of MCEDV’s Core Advocacy, Intervention, Response, and Ethics Training prior to or within the first year of employment with MCEDV.
This position is statewide in nature, requiring substantial travel, a flexible schedule, and a home office with reliable high-speed internet access to assure remote connection with colleagues in addition to regularly scheduled meetings in MCEDV’s Augusta, ME office.
MCEDV offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and vacation package.
MCEDV staff coordinate and integrate statewide work in response to domestic abuse and violence, dating violence, stalking and human trafficking. They are responsible for developing and sustaining collaborative partnerships and programs that promote public policy, education, and systems advocacy to create and encourage a social, political, and economic environment that fosters communities where the diversity, dignity, and contributions of all are respected and celebrated.
MCEDV is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send cover letter and resume in a single document via e-mail with “Housing Services Coordinator application” in the subject line to: Francine Stark, Executive Director [email protected]
No phone calls, please.
Applications due October 15, 2019. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.