Publications & Reports
Reports from Maine
- A Report on the Impact of Economic Abuse on Survivors of Domestic Violence in Maine – February 2019
- Report of the Attorney General’s Task Force to Review Deadly Force Incidents by Police – January 2019
- Report on Pretrial and Post-Conviction Use of Batterers’ Intervention Programs – March 2016
- Report from the Task Group on Strangulation – February 2012
Reports from the Maine Domestic Violence Homicide Review Panel
- 12th Report of the Maine Domestic Violence Homicide Review Panel – October 2018
- 11th Report of the Maine Domestic Violence Homicide Review Panel – June 2016
- 10th Report of the Maine Domestic Abuse Homicide Review Panel – April 2014
- 9th Report of the Maine Domestic Abuse Homicide Review Panel – April 2012
- 8th Report of the Maine Domestic Abuse Homicide Review Panel – January 2010
- 7th Report of the Maine Domestic Violence Homicide Review Panel – March 2008
MCEDV Legislative Review
MCEDV Annual Reports & Service Data Information
- FY 2018 Annual Report
- FY 2017 Annual Report
- FY 2016 Annual Report
- FY 2015 Annual Report
- FY 2014 Annual Report
- FY 2013 Annual Report
Published MCEDV Articles
- Survivors of Domestic Abuse Need Access to Reproductive Health Care – Portland Press Herald, June 4th, 2018
- Women Aren’t to Blame for Men’s Violence. Instead, We Should Expect More from Men – Bangor Daily News, February 22, 2018
- When An Abuser Kills, Don’t Seek “Trigger” – Portland Press Herald, July 16, 2017
- How We Talk About Domestic Violence Matters – Bangor Daily News, October13, 2016
- The Victims of Perpetrators Who Are Famous Have a Right to Privacy and Compassion, Too – Bangor Daily News, January 27, 2016
- Changing the NFL’s Culture and Attitudes About Gender Will Take Time, Continued Public Pressure – Bangor Daily News, Dec. 15, 2015
- How You Help End Abuse When You Attend a Domestic Violence Awareness Month Event – Bangor Daily News, October 2, 2015
- Maine Elders are Victims of Abuse, too. Here Are 5 Ways You Can Help. – Bangor Daily News, June 19, 2015
- 5 Reasons Why Domestic Violence Isn’t Inevitable – Bangor Daily News, May 28, 2015
- The Abuse Follows Her Everywhere, and It’s Legal: One Woman’s Story of Revenge Porn – Bangor Daily News, April 20, 2015
- 3 Big Ways Technology Can Help Prevent Domestic & Sexual Violence – Bangor Daily News, March 24, 2015
- What We Can Do About Teen Dating Violence – Bangor Daily News, February 17, 2015
- 5 Myths About Stalking You Need to Know – Bangor Daily News, January 29, 2015
Additional Maine Resources
- Maine Crime Victim’s Compensation Program – Learn who qualifies for compensation.
- Department of Corrections Victim Services Program – Learn about Maine’s victim notification law.
- Office of the Maine Attorney General’s Homicide Page – Information about response to homicide in Maine.
- Maine Department of Public Safety’s Uniform Crime Reporting Unit – Access statistics about crime in Maine.
- Maine Commission on Domestic and Sexual Abuse – Get information on the work of the multi-disciplinary commission.
- Maine’s Permanent Commission on the Status of Women – See this commission’s biennial reports on the status of women and girls in Maine.