MCEDV and our member programs recognize October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Domestic violence programs across Maine will host a variety of events and campaigns, honoring survivors and encouraging communities to move beyond awareness and take action to end domestic abuse.
Below is just some of what will be happening, from Wells to St. Agatha and everywhere in between. Follow MCEDV and your local domestic violence program directly for the most up-to-date information.
- Survivor Stories Project – October 25th, Wells
- Race to End Domestic Violence – October 15th, Hinckley.
- Masquerade Awareness Event: Living Behind the Mask – October 7th, St. Agatha
- Tabling at Damariscotta Pumpkinfest – October 7th & 8th, Damariscotta
- Naughty Bits, Tabling & Panel – October 13th, Rockland
- Empty Place at the Table – October 16th, Topsham; October 17th, Belfast; October 20th, Damariscotta
- Co-op for Community Days Tabling & Fundraiser – Wednesdays throughout October, Rising Tide Co-op, Damariscotta
- Lumberskills Competition – October 8th, Trenton
- 50th Anniversary Celebration – October 6th, Bangor
- March Against Domestic Violence – October 13th, Orono
- Androscoggin Domestic Violence Awareness Month Vigil – October 2nd, Lewiston
- Lunch & Learn: Navigating Power and Control in Relationships of All Kinds – October 4th, virtual
- Fall Fete & Community Awards – October 19, Auburn
- Happy Hour & Panel: Redefining Power: How to Hold Positions of Power Responsibly and Ethically – October 26th, Lewiston
- Maine Marathon – October 1st, Portland
- Justice Radio: Incarcerated Women Survivors – October 15th, listen on WERU 89.9or WMPG 90.9
- Purple Light Nights – Throughout October, Cumberland County